Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: OT: What do I need to get started?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I want to get a Supercharger for my dinky RS 95 Integra but currently right now, my financial resources won't allow me to do so. =[

    I got my suspension already worked on. Matrix coilovers, Tokico struct/shocks and a camber kit.

    Now I'm working on the engine. What should I work on before getting a supercharger? A new intake and if so, what kind? Fuel regulator and pump? Sparks? MSD? I'm so confused...

    Oh, and will a prelude motor fit into an Integra?

    Note: My radiator got busted so I went and installed a metal aftermarket radiator. =P

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lilmikey77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2001
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    my 2 cents

    buy yourself a 3" short ram intake (importparts has one for $60, thats the one im using)
    MVC 003F

    buy yourself some gauges (fuel pressure, air/fuel, vacuum/boost)

    also, this has been discussed a bunch of times smile
    you can search here : http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/sea...tro&default=40

    ------------------
    fuknboostn

  3. #3
    Inactive Member HyBridEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2001
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You won't need a fuel pump unless you go FI. I wouldn't worry with all the bolt-ons just yet, to me they are useless until you do some heavy mods to the engine. I don't think swapping a prelude motor in an Integra would be a very good idea......

    ------------------
    95 Hybrid w/SC'd JDM B16

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Why are short ram intakes better than cold air intakes? Aren't cold air intakes (the one that goes down to collect cooler air from the bottom) more efficient? I'm assuming the short ram intakes are better because I'll have more room for the Supercharger?

    And why is it bad to swap a Prelude motor into an integra? Is it because it won't fit? The gears are wrong?

    Since I don't have ABS, what can I put in that little area where the ABS is suppose to be at?

    What about the gauges? What about increasing the compression ratio? How can I do that? Will that help? Boy... all this happening just because I picked up an import racing magazine and started reading it. =P



    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lilmikey77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2001
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nexx:
    Why are short ram intakes better than cold air intakes? Aren't cold air intakes (the one that goes down to collect cooler air from the bottom) more efficient? I'm assuming the short ram intakes are better because I'll have more room for the Supercharger?

    And why is it bad to swap a Prelude motor into an integra? Is it because it won't fit? The gears are wrong?

    Since I don't have ABS, what can I put in that little area where the ABS is suppose to be at?

    What about the gauges? What about increasing the compression ratio? How can I do that? Will that help? Boy... all this happening just because I picked up an import racing magazine and started reading it. =P

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/sea...tro&default=40

    heh heh heh


    ------------------
    fuknboostn

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Nexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    =P

    Well I guess I'll have to start looking. lol. =]



    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •